Resorts

Cebbans Garden Resort

Baluan, GSC

(083)552-4457


Dupalco Beach Resort

Tambler, GSC


Family Beach Resort

Tambler, GSC


Lagare Spring Resort

Apopong, GSC

(083)301-1718


London Beach Resort

Tambler, GSC

(083)301-6181/552-2021/2475


Maharlika Resort

Tambler, GSC

Olaer Spring Resort

Apopong, GSC

Pueblo Swimming Resort

Dadiangas Heights ,GSC

09194046299



Rajah Beach Resort

Tambler, GSC

(083)301-8097


T’boli Beach Resort

Siguel, GSC

(083) 553-7588


Tropicana Beach Resort

Tambler, GSC

(083)380-7328/7338/7308


Water Gran

Bawing, GSC

(083)552-3587

 

FAST FACTS ( GENSAN)

GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION:

General Santos City lies at the southern part of the Philippines. It is located at 6°7'N 125°10'E. The city is southeast of Manila, southeast of Cebu and southwest of Davao. The municipalities of Alabel, Malungon and Maasim of Sarangani Province and the municipalities of Polomolok and T'boli of South Cotabato surround the city. Fertile agricultural lands at 17,489 hectares are 32.63% of the city's total land area.

CLIMATE :

Is favorable. It is outside of the typhoon belt. Dominated by low plain areas and with evenly distributed rainfall, it is suitable for agricultural-based industries.

POLITICAL SUBDIVISIONS:

Generel Santos City, which has 26 barangays with a total land are of 53,606 hectares, belongs to the First Congressional District of the Province of South Cotabato under Region XII. The city is also a key player in the SOCSKSAGEN ( South Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat, Sarangani, General Santos City) Growth Area and a major stakeholder in the BIMP-EAGA ( Brunie, Indonesia, Malaysia and Phhilippines East Asean Growth Area).

TOPOGRAPHY:

Wide flat stretching northeast of the city and undulating terrain constitute around 46% of the entire Land area.

MINERAL DEPOSITS:

Uncertain quantities of limestone, iron sand, copper, sulfur, gold, nitrate, laminate, rutile and guano.

POPULATION:

411,822 (NSO Population Census of 2000)

POPULATION GROWTH RATE: 5.05%

LANGUAGE/DIALECT :;

English, Filipino, Cebuano, Ilonggo, other ethnic dialects

BASIC INDUSTRIES:

Fishery and livestock

GENERAL SANTOS CITY IS POLITICALLY
SUBDIVIDED INTO 26 BARANGAYS:

Baluan
Buayan
Bula
Conel
Dadiangas East (Pob.)
Katangawan
Lagao (1st & 3rd)
Labangal
Ligaya
Mabuhay
San Isidro (Lagao 2nd)
San Jose
Sinawal
Tambler
Tinagacan
Apopong
Siguel
Upper Labay
Batomelong
Calumpang
City Heights
Dadiangas North
Dadiangas South
Dadiangas West
Fatima
Olympog

WordLinx - Get Paid To Click
 

History of General Santos City


On February 27, 1939, General Paulino Santos led the first and largest batch of settlers organized under the National Land Settlement Administration to the shores of Sarangani Bay. The 62 pioneers, who mostly came from Luzon, industriously tilled Cotabato's fertile expanse of land. After this first influx of pioneers, thousands more from Luzon and Visayas migrated into the area.

In January 1948, by virtue of Republic Act No. 82, Buayan District became a full fledged municipality whose territorial boundaries included the present municipalities of Sarangani and South Cotabato Provinces, namely Alabel, Glan, Malapatan, Malungon and Polomolok. NLSA Hospital Administrator Irineo I. Santiago became its first mayor.

Six years later, in June 1954, the Municipality of Buayan was renamed General Santos as a tribute to its great pioneer. This was made possible by Republic Act No. 1107 authored by Congressman Luminog Mangelen of Cotabato Province.

From 1963 to 1967, during the incumbency of Mayor Lucio A. Velayo, an upsurge in the municipality's economy was experienced as several large agri-based corporations such as Dole Philippines, General Milling Corporation and UDAGRI expanded into the area. Although it was then qualified to become a fourth class city, the residents rejected a move by Congressman Salipada Pendatun to convert General Santos into a city and to rename it Rajah Buayan.

Finally, on July 8, 1968, upon approval of Republic Act No. 5412, the Municipality of General Santos was converted into a city while keeping its name. It was inaugurated on September 5 of that year. Antonio C. Acharon became its first city mayor. In 1988, two decades after its inauguration, it was declared as a highly urbanized city.


 
 
Support : Pages Flipper | PagesFlipper.com Copyright © 2014. Sassy Cidy - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by PagesFlipper.com Published by Sassy Cidyy